A Quick Guide
- RFID stands for Radio Frequency IDentification.
- It is used for lots of solutions including hotel key cards, transport systems, passports, laundry tracking & shop security
- There are different types of RFID which can make it confusing
- RFID systems can use different frequencies and each has its advantages and disadvantages
- They are normally made up of two parts – a TAG and a READER
- Most tags are very basic and simply transmit their unique identifier which is passed on by the reader
- Some tags have batteries which give them a longer range
- However the range (the distance at which the reader can identify a tag) depends on many factors
Guestband uses a combination of RFID types according to the requirements of each unique installation.